Good game but
PvP is ruined by the horribly unbalanced Saruman. Every game usually has 2-4 of 8. Money is used 10 times faster than its earned. Not really worth it in the long run.
And then it matches up a 74k power team against a 48k power team.
Update: removed a star. Hackers now dominate PvP. 5 instances of heroes reviving more than once.
So yeah 😄 I can’t help myself with this game. My sec time back . First time playing this game didnt draw me in because I like games more Hack and slash . But my Sec time around I couldn’t help but try out being in a guild. for a loner it was not bad 🤔better then I thought .
As a gamer with full time family life and welding job. It’s hard to find games that don’t need ur full attention 24/7 . Only thing I have problems with is keeping up with all of the personal and guild events. I love this game . Keep up the amazing work.
I love the pve and pvp arena fun game if you are willing to pay to win. That it costs over $200 for a new toon is a bit ridiculous. You can grind for life and not get one for free
This game is a lot of fun.
Edit: The game has basically become unplayable. Anything you do is haunted by people either exploiting loopholes in the system or outright cheating with movement mods. I have reported a ton of cheaters, but I see more and more people doing it. Unless you are cheating yourself, you are doomed to fail. At least half of the players that you can find in a pickup group are cheating. You are lucky to find one player on you team who is alive.
Original review: You may be wondering why I gave it one star... loot boxes, loot boxes, loot boxes. I would HIGHLY advise never spending money on this game. The top players spend at least $1,000 dollars each and can't even get most of the unlocks. This game is so focused on loot boxes that it is pointless to try for anything.
That part of it aside, this game is amazing. They have a lot of opportunities for free gems. You can use them for buying cash to level up your guys or extra energy to play longer. Don't waste the free gems on the loot boxes. I got lucky once getting Gandalf, but that was it. I will continue playing this game because of how enjoyable it is. If they toned down the loot box mechanics some, I would absolutely spend real money on it.
Game is awesome but there are no playable characters such as hobbits. There should also be different variation in characters like Gandalf the white as well as other characters like Faramir.
Review By just an Average Joe
The game is decent, mediocre quality at best, Intended to be a mindless Grind. It’s free so those stupid loot boxes are Ok, but let’s be honest it’s a total rip. They haven’t updated with Apple’s policy and won’t show their drop rates. Also even on event plantiers the game still has Glyphs ( being basically character shards or pieces of the characters. In other words you don’t even get the full character. The only time His is ok is when you already own a character) as a reward, fundamentally the game short changes you, or at least me every time. I’ve worked for months to get 3,000 of those green gems. You can only get 50 a day besides their apology emails, without spending real currency. This is frustrating as 3,000 gives you ten shots at the Plantier. I spend mine on the event plantain that has increased chance of a certain character. ( Celebrimbor) I didn’t get a Single character. Technically I did get one but I already owned the character so basically more character shards. Even on their Black Gem plantier, which you get gems regularly for completing events the game short changes you with Glyphs. And Again you can’t see the rates. These games bug me because I can’t just out right but what you want or earn them.
Now the game has a system where you can earn character Glyphs however at low levels is niligible and does not run for the more powerful characters which guess what, are locked behind loot boxes. So honestly I’m done. I can’t get the Witch King or Helm, I tried to get Celebrimbor and the game gives me 6 Glyphs out of 75 and now I’m out of opportunities to run the boxes again. I gotta say I’m done. I’m stuck with the same characters and the game Blocks me whenever I try and get some new ones.
Game Works fine some of the orcs do seem sketchy with how hard they hit sometimes.
I remember a nemesis orc with a hammer a destroyer class, he pretty much would one Shot my party with his ability sticky Bomb which at level 20 for some reason did like thousands of damage, but I digress.
The Mobil game like the console games Touts the Nemesis system. However it’s bs. Yeah it’s gotta be dumbed down for mobile but orcs only come back when killed in a pit fight and past that they’re generic besides their combination of abilities. None of them are unique I’ve seen 20 Uruk killers 2 moltens and I see a Poet spawn every go.
I’ve played the game since it released And
The only good part is the orcs, but you can only make them kill each other, assist you or go on missions you can’t even see! Seriously the results could be determined in a minute at max but it still takes like all day or 12 hours.
They’ve added a few characters, but have stopped for some time now. Given only so much content had been made with the LOTR license due to the 6 movies made. When compared to Starwars and Marvel and Other shows. However the only big thing they added since it’s come out was the arena and the Balrog fight. Which hey use in advertising. The big problem here is it just isn’t impressive. It’s all about health bars in the game. While there is a way to strategize and maximize effectiveness it essentially becomes a slap fight to make your character hit harder or reduce his damage or speed.
Anyway game works well, runs fine no glitches it’s just bland and doesn’t do anything inventive besides find ways to be frustrating and deny you the new characters they add to the game.
Low rating do to lack of updates :(
By Anthony Sison
I am a long term player of SoW mobile. I started the day of the launch, and I'm now a level 85 VIP 9. I've clearly invested in this game like thousands of others, but with how much the dedicated players support this game, it's sad to see the developers not coming out with new content or any updates to fix bugs / provide balance changes. Here are some of my biggest concerns with the game:
(1) The last "big" update (1.8) was three months ago, and it provided very little new content.
(2) No new champions are being released. A while back, the developers were releasing new champs at a decent rate, but now nothing...
(3) The only way to get the exclusive champs is to spend hundreds of dollars on the Palantir! There's no free-to-play way to progress in this game efficiently.
(4) PVP is still extremely broken. Orc power is not taken into account, so a low level team can go in with one overpowered orc and destroy everything.
(5) The campaign is entirely too difficult. Just like the console version of SoW the end game is ridiculous. The fact that I have maxed out champions and still can't get past required stages to attain certain rune fragments is just absurd. The campaign needs to be fixed.
(6) What is up with the $50 and $100 upgrade for certain champions? You only get 15 or 30 glyphs for purchasing those... That's being money hungry at its finest.
(7) The chat system in the Fellowship is atrocious. You can send a message longer than 5 lines in Fellowship chat or in Fellowship mail, so it makes it extremely difficult to coordinate with your team.
(8) When you post Fellowship Arena matches in chat, the lobby should not be treated as a normal chat message because it can get lost in the conversation. When arena matches are being hosted in the Fellowship, the lobby should be automatically pinned to the bottom of chat. Additionally, if the members are in one lobby, they should be able to switch to Fellowship chat and see if there are other lobbies open. Currently, you cannot see other lobbies if you are already in one.
(9) A lot of champions need buffs/nerfs. There are plenty of champions in the game that are very unbalanced. Examples: Celebrimbor is everyone's goto because he has high attack speed, dps, and accuracy. He's a little too powerful. Other characters like Zog and Witch King have horrible accuracy and attack way too slow. There's plenty of ideas I have for an overhaul of the entire champion system, but I'm sure your developers could come up with the necessary adjustments.
(10) Inscription Fragments are extremely difficult to attain past ring 11. Some of the Fragments can only be rewarded through the high campaign stages -- which are near impossible to beat.
(11) Mirian is very hard to stockpile / grind. It not only costs extreme amounts of EXP Tomes to level up champs past 80, but it also costs way too much Mirian. There are only 2 warlord events to farm Mirian, and the only orc mission that give you Mirian hardly provide any as a reward.
I could continue to rant about all my qualms with the game-- but truth is--I love it no matter what. Even though you don't update your game, myself and thousands of others are dedicated fans. I think you simply owe it to us to provide new content once in awhile. I hope you take this into consideration. Thank you.
Casual Fellowship (guild) game
By Review dates?
You will get much farther with a guild.
-energy regen to do stuff; so, for my mates and I, play 10-20 in morning to get dailies done, Discord if there’s events going on to help each other out, and repeat in evening
+you are able to switch realms
-spending money > grinding
There are some heroes that are only available by buying, as well as, their runes/becoming more powerful
+able to brand orcs to fight with your 4 man crew
-you will never be able to catch up with the best... they play longer and will spend more
Deleted with 42k+ gems & 100k+ Ithildin
I’ve been playing this game on my phone since before the PS4 game came out, and while I honestly think the game is fairly well done, it got to a point where I just couldn’t overlook some of the more prominent issues in order to be able to continue with this game.
I really don’t care enough to outline all of the problems since many have already been mentioned by many other reviewers, but the last straw for me was the absolutely awful balancing issues in PVP. Without writing a novel, PVP is essentially broken due to an exploit which requires a fair amount of coordination, and the top tier fellowships (clans) are the only ones that utilize this strategy consistently. Sure, you could simply just not play during the PVP events, which come about every 3 days, or spend countless hours grinding away to join one of the few top tier fellowships which actually stand a chance in 4V4, but this is what causes the game not to be fun IMO. Between this and other game events being plagued by players trolling and griefing others without any form of checks and balances by the game admins/devs, I only anticipate the worst for this game going forward.
So, despite being in a top 20 fellowship, having stockpiled over 42k green gems, 30k black gems, 100k Ithildin, reached over 125k player power, and maintained Ithildin rank consistently in the fighting pits, I came to the realization this game is just not enjoyable anymore. Quite the contrary if you factor in my feedback above along with some other things other reviewers have criticized. Maybe when the developers actually fix some of the issues myself and others have mentioned and submitted countless reports for, this game may revert back to a state of enjoyment, but it’s just too late for me.
There are bugs but generally ok.have problems sometimes receiving rewards,and being compensated for lost resources because of game malfunction.but is a very fun game would still recommend it